- Triceratops means ‘three horned face’
- Triceratops was discovered in 1887.
- Triceratops was one of the last dinosaurs.
- Triceratops was formidable.
- Triceratops’ horns changed as it grew.
- Triceratops had a beak.
What is a Triceratops horn called?
Behind these horns was a head frill made of bone and studded with small spikes called epoccipitals.
Is A Triceratops A Predator or a Prey?
These animals roam in large, matriarchal herds across open plains. They are a favorite but dangerous prey of Tyrannosaurus. They are infamous for causing the most car wreckages of any dinosaur. Nine have been recorded so far.
What is a Triceratops horn made of?
A Triceratops horn is the fossilized remains of what was once living bone. When this animal lived more than 65 million years ago, the bone was covered in a material very similar to that in human fingernails.