What are the 4 types of MND?
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS): ALS is the most common form of MND and accounts for about 60 -70% of the total MND cases.
- Progressive muscular atrophy.
- Primary lateral sclerosis.
- Progressive bulbar palsy.
- Flail arm / Flail leg variants.
How long can a person live with MND?
Life expectancy after diagnosis is one to five years, with 10 per cent of people with MND living 10 years or more. The needs of people with MND are complex and vary from person to person.
What are the 3 stages of MND?
The different types of MND cause similar symptoms and have three stages: early, middle, and advanced. The diseases progress at different speeds and vary in severity.