What are the 10 uses of stethoscope?
- Liver Size Can Be Measured.
- It can be used as a deaf aid.
- It can be used to calculate blood pressure.
- It can determine lung sounds.
- It can detect heart sounds.
- Bowel sounds can be measured.
- It can detect bruits.
- It can be used to check congestive heart failure.
Why do doctors listen to your back with a stethoscope?
Posterior auscultation, which involves placing the stethoscope at the back during a physical examination, is always done to provide data for comparison with anterior readings. It is set to determine if an individual has normal, abnormal, decreased, or absent breath sounds.
How much does it cost to get a stethoscope?
Stethoscopes range from around $20 to more than $300. When you’re starting out as a student or trainee, one of the budget models is most likely adequate. They’re also easier to replace if they get lost or broken.