In short, 1 centimetre = 0.01 meter = 10 millimeter = 0.3937 inches. The relationship between inch and cm is that one inch is exactly equal to 2.54 cm in the metric system.
What objects are 1 cm long?
A centimeter (cm) is about:
- about as long as a staple.
- the width of a highlighter.
- the diameter of a belly button.
- the width of 5 CD’s stacked on top of each other.
- the thickness of a notepad.
- the radius (half the diameter) of a US penny.
How big is 1 cm to inch?
The value of 1 cm is approximately equal to 0.393701 inches.
What is the cm in 1 metre?
We know that one centimeter is equal to hundred centimeters, i.e., 1 m = 100 cm.