- Best chewable: NOW Foods Methyl B-12.
- Best spray: Garden of Life mykind Organic Whole Food B-12 Spray.
- Best budget-friendly: Nature Made B12 Softgels.
- Best allergen-free: Pure Encapsulations Methylcobalamin.
- Best high dose: Amazon Elements Vitamin B12.
How much B12 should I take daily?
While the recommended daily amount of vitamin B-12 for adults is 2.4 micrograms, higher doses have been found to be safe. Your body absorbs only as much as it needs, and any excess passes through your urine. High doses of vitamin B-12, such as those used to treat a deficiency, might cause: Headache.
Is it OK to take 1000 mcg B12 daily?
Even the lowest doses in B12 supplements are many times the recommended dietary allowance. Doses up to 1,000 mcg, though unnecessary, aren’t harmful.
Will B12 help shingles?
High-dose Vitamin B12 is a time-honored treatment for Shingles. Vitamin B12 protects and calms the nervous system. The suggested daily doses are: 1,000–2,000 mg of vitamin B12. K-FENAK is really effective for pain management.